Italian Sausage and Kale Soup Recipe
- 1 lb Italian Sausage Links.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 6 to 8 cups low sodium, low fat chicken broth
- 1 cup of Orzo Pasta
- 2 cans of Diced Tomato (do not drain)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Dice onion, mince garlic and remove casings from Italian Sausage.
2. Roughly chop one bunch of Kale (removing stems)
3. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven or soup pot.
4. Add sausage and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to break into smaller pieces.
5. Add onion and garlic, cook until onion begins to look transparent.
6. Add Orzo pasta, both cans of diced tomato, chicken broth
7. Add Kale, cover pot for 5 minutes until Kale is wilted.
8. Let simmer for 10 minutes or until orzo pasta is cooked, stirring occasionally.
9. Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
10. Separate into bowls and ENJOY!