- 1 package Lumpia Wrappers
- 2 lbs Ground Pork
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¾ Cup of Green Onions
- Vegetable Oil (for deep frying)
- Sweet Chili Sauce (for dipping)
1. Begin by defrosting one package of Lumpia wrapper. Once defrosted separate each wrapper. (set aside for later)
2. In one big bowl combine ground pork, 1 egg, all spices, and green onion. Mix well with hands or spatula. Time to roll your lumpia.
3. Place one square wrapper facing you. With about one tablespoon of meat, pinch the pork all the way across the edge of the wrapper (aiming for ¾ inch diameter for each lumpia). Grasp the bottom edge of the wrapper and roll it up and over the filling, until 2 inches of wrapper remain.
4. Dip two fingers into a bowl of egg wash (2 tablespoons of water with 1 egg). Moisten last 2 inches of wrapper with your fingers. Finish rolling the lumpia, then rest it on its seam. Continue rolling until you run out of meat or wrapper.
5. With kitchen shears, cut each roll into 3 smaller pieces.
6. To cook lumpia, fill a frying pan with about 2 inches of vegetable oil, heat oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 350F. Gently place lumpia in hot oil and fry until golden brown.
7. Drain lumpia over paper towels and enjoy. Use sweet chili sauce for dipping.